Wednesday, July 23, 2014


Welcome back! I'm happy to say I've finally finished these pieces and will give you the details below. All that's left is to pack and ship. Anyway, here's the last stages of progress along with the final shots.

First up we have Mr. Koo Koo Kachoo. I finally got him all suited up and permanently mounted him to the wall he shall be perched upon for the rest of his time. I aged the brick and added some rocks.

His hands were cast in resin and attached with epoxy to the armature under his clothing.

In the end, I decided to add a few mushrooms for extra affect and to fill in the space a bit more. I also added the larger jewel broach to give him a more regal appearance. Hi, I am the eggman.

Design to finished piece, with some slight alterations...

Next up we have Scruffy. She essentially has been done for a while, I just needed to add some details and get her mounted into her frame. The biggest change was adding a different prop because I wasn't happy with her holding a mere lollipop. So I made a miniature tea cup. I used a suction cup that I covered with epoxy for the saucer, a small plastic trophy party favor, which I cut the cup portion from and a small metal trinket I got from Michael's years ago for the cup handle. After attaching the handle I primered them and painted them white to be proper.

I tinted some clear epoxy to use as the tea in the cup and then printed out a small zombienose logo for the teabag handle. I used some plastic flowers to complete the scene of some imaginary garden party.

 Pip pip, cheerio!

And finally, the moment at least one of you has been waiting for....

Pumpkinface! That's right, the supernatural ghoul who manifests only when it's time to trick or treat. Ol' Pumpkiny has gotten some tune ups since we last saw him. For example, he's getting locked up with this shiny new lock and chain. And yes, it's metal - I made if from a zipper.

In addition to the gate getting mounted permanently his yard was looking kinda vacant so some other pumpkin brothers were added, and of course more vines.

I also had to make the batteries for the lights easily replaceable and accessible, as well as hidden.

Then I made and added pumpkin leaves all over the vines.

Trick or Treat, smell my feet.

Design to finished piece (with some slight alterations).

I left a notch for the battery hatch and on/off switch (just below where the chain hangs).

Thanks for watching. More projects to come! Please remember to add Zombienose to whatever social media you follow!

and don't forget ...


Please check out Lee Romaire's wonderful work!