Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fairytales from the Dark Side

Mary had a little lamb who's fleece was white as snow...

But in this case - 
Zombienose had a little cat who's fur was blue as a crayon.

That's right, they're back! I feel a little guilty as my latest art pieces aren't further along. But don't worry, I'll get back in the saddle.

So here's the latest skinny...

Scruffy - the most ridiculously bright blue fur to be assigned to a halloween kitty. I went ahead and painted the fuzzball's face but have yet to add the whiskers and paws. I'm still debating the stripes upon her fur, but am leaning toward doing this. We shall see...


Our next contestant is a spry young loner destined to spread joy across the land - My version of legendary fairytale grandaddy Humpty Dumpty. His name is Mr. Koo Koo Kachoo and there's no yellow mellow custard underneath his indestructable shell. As you can see he's now gained hands and legs, as well as more coverage of his face/body - slowly edging his was to smoother hard shell status. I will sand him as if he were my own child. He will be a neat piece when he's perched upon his wall and gazing back at the viewer with a look that softly whispers, "Buy Me."

And here he comes to save the daaayyyy!
PumpkinFace
I was very close to molding his head tonight, but was suckerpunched with exhaustion so this will happen during the week. I may add some paint shadows and highlights to his roots also. I will definitely include some more of the green vines. The most progress I made on this homeboy is getting his hands attached, although I may still sweeten them up a bit. The string of lights on the left side of the picture are blue lights and will illuminate his insides to match the photoshop design just behind him. The ridiculously long stem on his head is not a final addition either. If this little guy was a little rascal he'd be named Alfalfa.
Well, that's all I've got. Pathetic, isn't it? Please don't give up on me. I will keep posting progress records as I progress. 

THE LAST TIDBIT:
Please be kind & check out the newest Original Art section of Rubyseed.com! They sell prints of my work.