Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Birth is an act of Madness!!

I'm pooped!! When you lose sleep it seems impossible to regain your previous level of alertness. Oh well.

So in keeping with this episode's title, here's the first documented installment, the birth if you will, of three new pieces for various exhibitions, including the Hallowbaloo show later this year. Below you'll see my Humpty Dumpty, a blue fuzzy halloween costume guy on the left side and my pumpkinhead guy. These are in the VERY beginning stages so have mercy.

Humpy Dumpty will have a wall to sit on (see the green foam blocks?) I threw some Magic Sculpt epoxy putty on to give him a recognizable nose so you can see what I'm planning. Toward the bottom you can see the old sketch I did and updated photoshop rendition next to it, which I will base the pumpkin head piece on. I'm slupting him in chavant clay and will be molding him to eventually cast in resin. I have no idea what I'm doing with the blue fuzzy guy except that I might give him cat ears. I'll just wing it with that piece - that's the fun part of these things.

In other news, I have no other real news. I am grateful I got a tax refund, though!

THE LAST TIDBIT:

If you have the chance, please check out my friend's website.
http://www.bellyandbones.com/

Aloha for now and stay out of trouble!
-z